Tuesday, June 30, 2020
― Monday, August 31, 2020
The Durant Park Tree Art Project has been organized by The Friends of Durant a 501c3 organization devoted to the maintenance, improvement, and promotion of Durant Park in downtown Lansing
The purpose of this RFP is to pursue an experienced artist or team to turn the tree in the above picture into a Sculpture. The tree has been trimmed by the Parks Department to our desired specifications.
We do not want to replicate this example, artists are encouraged to propose their unique solution with an automotive theme. While not required, an automotive theme would be preferable. Also, something that is unique to the Lansing region and represents the community would be ideal.
Art Tree Timeline:
- Deadline for responses to the RFP is midnight on August 31, 2020
- Responses will be juried by September 15, 2020, at the very latest.
- The work must be completed by October 31, 2020
- The chosen artist will receive a $1,500 stipend when the work is completed to the satisfaction of the Friends of Durant Park.
- Artists must retain Liability Insurance with additional insured of City of Lansing included.
If this project fits your artistic style or if you know someone who would be interested, please download the RFP. The RFP contains more details about requirements and information about Durant Park and the Art Tree Project.
Email questions to Friends of Durant Park president: Diane Sanborn